Friday, October 4, 2013

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 4

Today's challenge is to post a Song That Makes Me Sad.

Truth be told, there are many, many songs that make me sad. For the benefit of my readers, I'm going to share a Non-Josh song (gasp!) and hopefully a song few people have ever heard.

PETER KAGAN AND THE WIND, as sung by Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy.

This song makes me cry all the time. I can't listen to it very often, because I get so choked up. It's a very long song, but it is beautiful. It's more of a ballad. You can actually read the entire thing HERE as you listen, in case their accents get a little too hard for you to understand. It's a beautiful song.



I love the incredible story of self-sacrifice. I love how beautiful Kagan's wife is, and how much she loves him. The ending always, always, always makes me cry.

Kagan, Kagan, Kagan,
Lay ye down to sleep.
For I do come to comfort thee
All and thy dear body keep.


All righty, hope you enjoyed that! Until Tomorrow!!

God bless. :)

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...