Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Plot... and Some Contest Details! :)

Sometimes, plot is the hardest thing for me to create.

I can come up with a character no problem. Pretty much anyone I meet on the road has a story that I can craft. Each person I see has a face that says, "You don't know me, but my life is written in my eyes." Character, or at least that first glow of a new MC, is easy for me.

Plot, now, that can be a bit tricky.

I think I either don't have enough, or I have too much. If I don't have enough, my characters don't have a chance to shine. If I have too much, then my readers waffle away, muttering, "I don't know what she was getting at with all those subplots." Thankfully, I generally come up with too much plot. It's easier to cut the fat off a chicken than to add meat to something that's already dead. You know what I mean? (Hey, it was a nasty analogy, but it worked!)

When I rework an idea, a lot of times I have to pare at my plot, to make sure all the fatty uneccesary bits are all scrapped, so that I'm left with only the lean juicy bits that make a story fantastic.

Now, for a fun update. My contest for the Writing Buddy will open on August 1st, so sharpen your pencils and be prepared, because it is going to be a contest. :) Hope to see youse all soon!

1 comment:

  1. I do that, too. Too much or too little seems to be my MO. I'm working on fixing that, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...