Monday, December 27, 2010

On the Third Day of Christmas...

... my True Love gave to me,
Three French Hens,
Two Turtledoves,
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
This is the next stanza in the Twelve Days of Christmas song. The Three French Hens refers to the three Theological virtues of Faith, Hope, and Charity. On the third day of Christmas, God has given us Faith, Hope, and Charity, the Old and New Testaments, and Our Lord Jesus Christ.

This song was written by a man named Drennon. He helped prevent young Catholics from being punished for reading religious books by giving them the tenets of their Faith in song, rather than by the written word.

Christ is symbolically presented as a mother partridge. A mother partridge will fake injury in order to lure predators from her helpless nestlings. So did Christ for us, though He faked no suffering. He was born to us, that He might die for us.

In this Christmas season, I marvel at God's love for us. He has been especially good to me. I may not be the happiest person, content with my lot in life right now, but He was given me such an overflow of love in my writing craft, and the desire to succeed with it, that I can do no more than say, "Deo Gratias." I mean, over Christmas I came up with ideas for two articles and two more stories in a steampunk genre. I NEVER do articles. How can I think about doing TWO? Neither have I been a huge steampunk fan, but all of a sudden I can't think of a better genre to write. How is that possible?

I've decided that God is showing me new facets to writing that I never would dared have explored without His aid.

Merry Third Day of Christmas, everyone! Keep Writing, Keep Inspiring, Keep Loving It!



No comments:

Post a Comment

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...