Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Keeping up with blogs

So, I was curious.

I know most of us writers follow blogs. Like, a lot of blogs. Like a lot a lot a LOT of blogs. Leastways, I know I've got a ridiculous number of blogs that I follow. Hold on...

Whoa. I follow like 65 blogs. I didn't know that until just now. Howesomever, that brings me back to this important question: how do you keep up with them?

Me, I have this handy dandy tool called the Google Reader. Peeps, that thing is awesome! All the blogs that I love and follow, or subscribe to, I can have them all load in the Google Reader, and I can browse the new, updated blog posts and see which ones intrigue me. Isn't that cool?

Honestly, there's just so many good blogs out there, I know there's not a way in the world that I can't keep up with them, unless I get them all arranged in one good spot. Google Reader's my spot.

How do you follow blogs? Where do you put all your links? Out of curiosity, how many blogs do you think you follow? You are more than welcome to post, "70 blogs... and still subscribing!" if you so desire. And of course, the 70 was merely a random number. :-)

9 comments:

  1. This isn't the first time I've heard about Google Reader. I really ought to look into it. I can take all the help I can get to stay organized, read what I want and not miss something great.
    Thanks for this helpful article.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane Amy, it really helps to keep all my blogs in one place. I heartily recommend it. It's so easy to use, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard! Dare I say impossible? I just know some days I have time to get through them and some days I don't. Good tip on GR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Google Reader is great. Don't know how I ever kept up before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, I don't know if I could count all the blogs I follow. (There are that many!) I have ones I comment on weekly and others that I only visit occasionally. I like connecting to other writers and after checking out my out-of-control list, I apparently connect a lot! I really don't have an easy way, except I belong to a lot of sites where people post links to their updated blogs. That helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I set aside an hour a day now to read other blogs except on Friday and Saturday evenings. That's when I do some serious blog reading.

    As for reading them, I use the Blogger Dashboard to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use blogger dashboard also. It arranges the blogs in the order that the author posts. I love it. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you've just saved my life. I'll try out Google Reader now! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yay! I'm glad I could help, Samantha. Google Reader saved ME for sure!

    ReplyDelete

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...